Re: Boot Problems

Subject: Re: Boot Problems
From: Jim Gribbin (jewelrysupplier@gci.net)
Date: Tue Jul 02 2002 - 18:58:40 AKDT

Some things to check.

Watch the bios readout during the boot-up and see if the bios is seeing
the hard-drive.

You may have inadvertently changed the bios and told it there is no
hard-drive.

Have you been putting your big mits inside the box? You may have knocked
loose a power or data cable from the hard-drive. Make sure the cables
are firmly seated.
        One of my favorite tricks:)

Did you ever change your scsi id on your scanner? If your id is still 0
or 1 it may be attempting to boot from your scanner. Kind of a
quasi-standard for scsi scanners used to be 6.

Jim Gribbin