Boot Problems

Subject: Boot Problems
From: Neil Moomey (neilmoomey@gci.net)
Date: Tue Jul 02 2002 - 09:25:02 AKDT

Thanks to everyone for the help with my SCSI. I got my scanner working
great. Now I have a bigger problem. I left my computer on and when I
got home from work the screen saver was froze and keyboard locked up.
When I rebooted it could not detect anything on ID 0 which before was
my CD IDE-SCSI emulation and it prompted me to insert a bootable CD.
Pressing enter repeats the prompt. Changing the bios to boot off the
hard drive or floppy has no effect. When I put in the RH 7.2 CD and
tried to do an upgrade it said I can't upgrade because I have no Linux
Partions. All my hardware is less than 4 months old from newegg.com.
I have a MAXTOR 40GB 7200RPM Model # 6L040J2 Any ideas?

Neil