Re: I need pointed > to good book on "sed language"

Subject: Re: I need pointed > to good book on "sed language"
From: James Gibson (twistedhammer@subdimension.com)
Date: Sun Jun 16 2002 - 04:52:44 AKDT

On Sat, 15 Jun 2002, James Zuelow wrote:
> [...]

I haven't seen the Reg Exp book, but can't say enough of 'Sed & Awk'..
definitely the way to go. I don't recall my first experiences with that
book as being all that traumatic, and it was from S&A that I learned
RegExps. It has a fairly good crash-course on them in the beginning...
also (since no one bothered to mention it), the book covers 'grep' as well
and has been one of the most thumbed-through books in my library..

--James Gibson

PS. I find it humourous that it is Jan Z. who mentioned this book, since
it was from him that I obtained my copy of it some years ago. =)