Re: MBR and Logitech USB mouse.

Subject: Re: MBR and Logitech USB mouse.
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@gci.net)
Date: Tue Jun 11 2002 - 22:22:45 AKDT

> My other problem is that after installing Linux, I cannot access X-Windows
> because it cannot detect my mouse. I selected the Logitech Wheelmouse (USB)
> whitch is what it is, but it cannot use it. The mouse doesn't light up or
> anything. Does anybody have any ideas as to why it wouldn't detect the mouse?

Well, if it doesn't even light up, then your usb ports aren't working at
all in the first place, so it's a problem with USB, and not the mouse.
Putting on a ps/2 mouse and reconfiguring X should work, until you can
get the usb figured out. As for usb, do you get any usb related
messages during boot? And if you do a 'lsmod' (as root) do you see any
usb-related entries?

Specs on the system, and Brand/Model of computer (if not homebrewed)
and/or motherboard would be helpful too. I would try searching google
for "<motherboard> linux usb fix" or something like that.. I had the
exact same problem with my laptop, and searching through google yielded
a reletively easy fix :)

Justin