MBR and Logitech USB mouse.

Subject: MBR and Logitech USB mouse.
From: Brian ThunderEagle (aklug@arcadia.2y.net)
Date: Fri Jan 01 1999 - 23:52:22 AKST

     Okay I have 2 issues at the moment. I had to rebuild my computer after the
Registry for Windows 2000 got corrupted for no apparent reason. Doesn't come as
a surprise to me, it's the second time it has happend. I decided to take this
moment to make my computer dual-boot with RedHat 7.2 and Windows 2000. So, I
have everything up and running great. Both OS's are installed and I have Grub
set up to access both. However because of the way Dynamic diks work with
Windows 2000, and related hard drive 'stuff' I had to use Diskprobe to modify
the type ID. I made a mistake, but luckily I had the boot sector backed up. I
was able to restore the Primary partition boot sector, but now my Linux
partition is missing and I can't boot, because I was using Grub. So I can
either re-install everything, or I was hoping there was a feature in Linux that
is equivalent to "fdisk /mbr" which is how I was able to restore the Windows
partition. So if anybody knows if it is possible to restore a missing Linux
Partition please let me know, I am going to continue to try and figure it out.

     My other problem is that after installing Linux, I cannot access X-Windows
because it cannot detect my mouse. I selected the Logitech Wheelmouse (USB)
whitch is what it is, but it cannot use it. The mouse doesn't light up or
anything. Does anybody have any ideas as to why it wouldn't detect the mouse?

     Brian Thundereagle
     furbs@arcadia.2y.net
     http://arcadia.2y.net
     http://www.swjedi.net