Re: RE: Microsoft babbles on

Subject: Re: RE: Microsoft babbles on
From: James McMorris (buddha@gci.net)
Date: Thu May 23 2002 - 18:07:39 AKDT

It stops the DoD from using/purchasing any software not tested by the
NSA to include open source. The program is called IA (Informarion
Assurance). I think the author might have meant "using"
not "purchasing" in this case.

I'm the Information Assurance Manager for my squadron on Elmendorf AFB.
We're not approved to install or use any open source apps. (The only
two I can think of that are approved for use on Air Force networks are
SAINT and CRACK...and I'm banned from using them.)

-Buddha