Re: Microsoft babbles on

Subject: Re: Microsoft babbles on
From: Jim (jwadell@gci.net)
Date: Thu May 23 2002 - 17:52:13 AKDT

Cisco wrote:

> from http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A60050-2002May22.html
>
> Its amazing to see the crap coming out of Microsoft:
>
> "Our goal is to resolve difficult issues that are driving a wedge between the commercial and free
> software models,"
>
> What? What wedge?? What "resolution" does Microsoft have in mind I wonder?

Given the persistant rumors of back doors, etc in Microsoft code, not to mention the glareing
security holes, I would think that basing any kind of mission critical code on something one could
not examine would be grotesquely risky. Would be interesting if a battle system crashed because some
fool put a floppy infected with the latest viris de-jour in a drive!

Jim