Re: lilo dilemma

Subject: Re: lilo dilemma
From: Jim Gribbin (jewelysupplier@gci.net)
Date: Mon May 13 2002 - 18:57:18 AKDT

I just had another thought on this.

What are you using for a disk-controller? When I put RH7.0 on my abit
mobo using the udma66 controller. It was at a non-standard address. It
would find it during the install, but when I rebooted it no longer found
the drive. It would however boot off the floppy.

To cure it. I booted of the floppy and then checked /proc/pci to find
the I/O address of the ide controller and added the apropriate address
to lilo as in: 'append ide0=0x????,0x????.

There is an offset to the second address, 2 or 4 (I don't remember
offhand). Check the how-to on the prommise udma cards.

BTW - If this cures it, be carefull changing or moving cards around. You
can change the address of the ide.

Jim Gribbin