Re: reviving old computers

Subject: Re: reviving old computers
From: Jim Gribbin (jgribbin@alaska.net)
Date: Thu May 09 2002 - 01:41:00 AKDT

Dom,

I keep hearing rumors of a license from MS saying this, but I have yet
to see it. Can you supply a link?

The page referenced by your link supposedly quotes a subsequently linked
MS web-page, but that page doesn't contain the reference that I can
find.

The is also another popular MS bashing site that regularly misquotes MS
documentation. The Register. I believe every time I have ever checked
out one of their "sky is falling" reports. It has been based on a
mis-quote that substantially changed the meaning of what was being said.

We get nowhere relying on misinformation.

Jim