A Mission For Luau

Subject: A Mission For Luau
From: Charles Smith (smithcm@alaska.net)
Date: Thu May 09 2002 - 04:21:00 AKDT

Maybe you guys can't take a hint. Outside of using Linux for servers and
hobbyist it is considered crap. It will not be seriously considered until
you can go to a department store and choose between a Windows, Mac, or Linux
system for your home. Then after a few years of it being used in homes and
businesses on a larger scale than the existing servers and hobbyist it may
work its way into the school system.
What is your goal anyway? To sell more Linux (free ha,ha) and contribute
towards RH and Debian horse farms VS B Gates horse farm?
Take your crusade to the computer manufacturers and retail outlets. Buy
stock in a Linux distributor. Sue Microsoft as a persecuted minority.
Putting Linux in schools isn't going to benefit anybody except the people
who sell Linux software. Math, English, and American History are in schools
and the students don't necessarily retain those skills.
If people are trying your product and dumping it, then maybe there is a
message.
Charlie