RE: OT free mag subscriptios HUH?

Subject: RE: OT free mag subscriptios HUH?
From: Larry Collier (larry@medease.net)
Date: Wed May 08 2002 - 14:10:13 AKDT

I have been an Infoworld "free" subscriber for years. They are controlled
subscription trade magazines. Which means that they have to guarantee
certain demographics in their subscriber base to their advertisers. If you
fall within the required demographics it's free, otherwise you have to pay.
It means filling out a rather lengthy survey and possibly being turned down.
HINT: lie a lot. Infoworld is worthwhile IMO as long as it's free. I
haven't seen the other one. Most of these "trades" as they're called are a
waste of time to read, though.

Larry Collier