Re: OT free mag subscriptios HUH?

Subject: Re: OT free mag subscriptios HUH?
From: civileme (civileme@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Wed May 08 2002 - 15:36:18 AKDT

On Wednesday 08 May 2002 12:54 pm, William Bouterse wrote:
> Recently I have again received in the mail several
> Network related Magazine subscription notices
> Stating something to the effect ....
> "For IT Professionals only"...regularly $95-195$
> Free...You will not be billed ever !!"
>
> The latest two are;
> Network Computing and Info World
>
> I am sure I am not the only one receiving this
> kind of stuff...Has anyone actually sent in
> for their "Free Subscription"

I am thinking it might be wise for me to dust off my Spammers_mailbox_crush
routine and update it.

Free subscriptions usually mean that you go on a list of subscribers and you
get the semiannual two page magazine for a load of new spams to wade through.

Since the only spamfilter I use is me, I just delete these offers and ask to
be removed from their lists. Those who don't remove me do tend to annoy me a
little...

Civileme