Re: lilo dilemma

Subject: Re: lilo dilemma
From: Richard Mckinney (mckinney@gci.net)
Date: Wed May 08 2002 - 08:20:16 AKDT

I,ve heard that some bios translation will not work with lilo. Try
turning off all bios translation (set to normal not large or lba or
anything like that) and see if that helps.
I've heard that Linux reads the characteristics about the hard drive
from the hard drive itself and doesn't need bios translation for acces
to the drive. I haven't done a lot of testing in this area but this
would indicate that if the hardware is all working then its probably
just translation problems.

Does it boot from a dos floppy?

Rich