Re: sendmail help

Subject: Re: sendmail help
From: Anthony Valentine (amv@akvalentine.com)
Date: Sun Apr 21 2002 - 11:46:11 AKDT

Hello Greg.

This may not be what you are looking for, but it may help you out.

I stopped using sendmail years ago. I find that it is too difficult to
configure and it's got a steep learning curve. I've moved to Postfix.
It is a drop in replacement for sendmail, it is fast, reliable, easy to
configure, and is designed with security in mind.

RedHat doesn't come with Postfix, though they have a HOWTO on installing
it, which is easy to follow and can have you up and running in a flash.
I've got Postfix running on my RH7.2 server and it works great.

Here are a few links that will help you out if you decide to go that
route.

RedHat Postfix HOWTO:
http://www.redhat.com/support/resources/howto/RH-postfix-HOWTO/book1.html

RedHat Postfix FAQ: