sendmail help

Subject: sendmail help
gkvokov@ieee.org
Date: Sun Apr 21 2002 - 11:02:39 AKDT

Hello all,
I've asked some questions to the group previously about setting up sendmail.
They were specific questions and I got some specific responses back, thanks
for the help there. However, at the time I didn't have much time to work
things out and now I'm in need of a mail server and still can't get the thing
working. I can receive email just fine, but sending out email gets kicked back
due to reverse lookup. I've tried all the suggestions you guys gave, plus many
other things.

I'm running RH7.2 with a GCI cable modem. The domain name is techalaska.com,
static IP is 24.237.3.186, name servers are iliamna.gci.net and spurr.gci.net.
Reverse lookup for 24.237.3.186 shows 186-3-237-24-cable.anchorageak.net. Both
name and IP nslookups show server and server's address as localhost and
127.0.0.1 (problem here?). GCI handles mail through mail.techalaska.com.

Does someone have a sample sendmail configuration file or m4 file,
specifically setup to use GCI's cable modem, that they could share with me? It
seems to me with so many cable modem and linux users that sendmail has been
worked out to work in this situation.

Thanks all,
Frustrated Greg