Re: Sendmail Virus Question

Subject: Re: Sendmail Virus Question
From: Joshua J.Kugler (isd@as.uaf.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 18 2002 - 09:44:59 AKDT

No worries. This is linux. Windows viruses can't affect Linux in any way,
shape, or form. Well, kind of. A really bad virus could fill up your
send/recieve polls, causing a DoS, but it will not affect the integrity of
the machine.

j----- k-----

On Thursday 18 April 2002 09:30, bupdegraff wrote:
> Folks,
>
> We are using Norton Antivirus Enterprise Edition which is centrally
> administered through our NT 4.0 server. Our E-Mail service is provided
> through our Sun Microsystems Cobalt Qube3 Internet Appliance running Linux
> which presumably uses Sendmail for the mail server.
>
> This morning, one of my users received the message below:

Joshua Kugler, Information Services Director
Associated Students of the University of Alaska Fairbanks
isd@asuaf.org, 907-474-7601