Re: What gives?

Subject: Re: What gives?
From: Joshua J.Kugler (isd@as.uaf.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 18 2002 - 09:49:08 AKDT

On Wednesday 17 April 2002 22:32, Fielder George Dowding wrote:
> Hey, what gives with these two sites?
>
> http://www.perlbox.org

This is just returning an empty document as far as I can tell.

> http://www.oqo.com

This site has some nasty javascript that doesn't allow display on non-windows
boxes. And I'm not sure why, it's just a flash plugin, which works fine on
my box.

> When I go to the perlbox site with:
> galeon I get an empty document error,
> mozilla I get a blank (all white) screen,
> netscape I get an empty document error,
> lynx I get a blank (all white) screen.

Same here.

> When I go to the oqo.com site with:
>
> galeon I get a green (light to dark shaded) screen but nothing
> else,
>
> mozilla I get a broken image in the upper left hand corner
> (see lynx, below),
>
> netscape I get a green (light to dark shaded)
> screen but nothing else,

Yup, yup, yup.

Companies got to learn not to exclude users.

--
Joshua Kugler, Information Services Director
Associated Students of the University of Alaska Fairbanks