Re: and so it begins: debian question

Subject: Re: and so it begins: debian question
From: Greg Madden (pabi@gci.net)
Date: Thu Apr 04 2002 - 09:26:40 AKST

On Thu, 2002-04-04 at 07:57, Christopher Swingley wrote:

> FYI, the new version of Debian (woody) is set to be released any
> week now. It should have a 2.4 kernel and a variety of much newer
> packages. If you're not up for hacking around to get your system to
> work, you may want to wait a couple weeks or see if you can get your
> hands on a beta woody installer.

A reminder, for those in Anchorage anyway, I do have weekly snapshots of
the Woody iso's avaiable (033102), easy to get at the Friday nite
get-together. You can always make me an offer if you live out of town.

There is a net-install iso ~30mb dl, that is do-able on most
connections. This has ext3/reiserfs support.

http://people.debian.org/~ieure/netinst/

    *

--
Greg Madden