X11- No Screens Found

Subject: X11- No Screens Found
From: FeLoNiouS MoNK (codered@gci.net)
Date: Thu Apr 04 2002 - 10:13:14 AKST

ok .. i was tryin to bring X up and running but i get this error at the end:

(EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.

Fatal server error:
no screens found

When reporting a problem related to a server crash, please send
the full server output, not just the last messages.
This can be found in the log file "/var/log/XFree86.0.log".

X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).M

i have had this prob wit my last linux install but cannot remember what was the fix for the life of me... considering it was 2 years ago .. *shrug* .. i have been searchin the web for answers but havent come up with much .. any ideas?