Re: Applixware question.

Subject: Re: Applixware question.
From: civileme (civileme@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 01:12:21 AKST

On Tuesday 26 March 2002 05:42 pm, Eric Fortner wrote:
> I have heard good things of this environement/offfice package, I was
> just wondering if anyone else uses it and why it is not advertised more....
>
> No biggie, just wondering why open office star office are in the front
> while this office suite is/seems to be hidden....
>
> thanks
> emf

Well, I offered last year to put Applixware on our commercial CDs and was
rebuffed. Their attitude seems to be that while they outperform StarOffice,
they can't compete as a pay-for-play against a freebie.

Now that SO 6 is _not_ a freebie, perhaps their direction will change, but at
the moment it is a base for custom solutions for businesses who hire the
folks as consultants, and it is available commercially a little, like $99 for
linux and $695 for IRIX last I checked.

Civileme