searching for a linux host...

Subject: searching for a linux host...
From: Clay Scott (mcfeelie@pobox.alaska.net)
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 00:29:57 AKST

fairly soon i'll have two sites that will be ready to go live. i'm
looking for hosts for these sites, but i'm not having any luck finding
one that fits my needs. i'm looking for one that provides a linux
environment, php, mysql, a few pop email accounts, preferably unlimited
email redirects and unlimited traffic.

one of the sites is going to be very community oriented and i'm looking
into offering the users free hotmail-style email accounts (i.e.
user@domain.org) through everyone.net. i have yet to hear back from them
as i'm not entirely sure what's needed on the host's end to get that set
up. they need to alter mx and cname records and i'm not sure if i'm
going to need to find a host that'll allow that or if they can do it
without the host's involvement.

in the comments section of a story on slashdot, a guy was talking about
a hosting company he worked for that pretty much had all of these
features for $10/month. if you prepayed a few months or set up a credit
card for auto-billing, they'd knowck off $2/month. of course now for the
life of me i can't find the story or the thread in which this was
discussed.

i'd appreciate it if you guys could recommend some hosts that offer some
or all of these features. the cheaper, the better, but that's not a huge
deal.

thanks,
clay