Re: QBooks=? in linux...........

Subject: Re: QBooks=? in linux...........
From: Craig Callender (craigc@corith.com)
Date: Sun Mar 17 2002 - 12:34:07 AKST

GnuCash is supposed to be the QuickBooks replacement.

-- Craig C.

Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 08:49:58 -0900
From: Eric Fortner <emf33@gci.net>
To: aklug <aklug@aklug.org>
Subject: QBooks=? in linux...........

Hello folks....
I have been having alot of family and friends asking me about
linux because they always use my box or laptops with no problems

The questions I am getting are as follows:
Can we do our money programs like "QUICK-BOOKS" and can
we port over some of our lab programs.......?
What do we have for digital cameras and photo-edit and
can we do everything like in windows...........

I always say well almost everything, you'll have to learn some new
word programs and you'll have a different browser and email is well
up the ying-yang on linux...........

so basics yes but I need to know what "MONEY/QBOOKS type of
programs there are..........what do we have seeing how I do not use this type
of software......?

thanks

emf

        In the beginning there was data. The data was without form and
null, and darkness was upon the face of the console; and the Spirit of
IBM was moving over the face of the market. And DEC said, "Let there
be registers"; and there were registers. And DEC saw that they
carried; and DEC separated the data from the instructions. DEC called
the data Stack, and the instructions they called Code. And there was
evening and there was morning, one interrupt.
                -- Rico Tudor, "The Story of Creation or, The Myth of Urk"