Re[4]: AKLUG, APULUG and the organization (sorta long)

Subject: Re[4]: AKLUG, APULUG and the organization (sorta long)
From: W.D. McKinney (deem@wdm.com)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 16:39:04 AKST

Not the point I was making Greg. With APULUG, Friday meetings, AKLUG, etc.,
users who have ever made it to all or some of these meetings *may* understand
but users on the mail list who would like to attend but have yet to actually
attend frequently are confused. The group was formed to help users and folks
wanting to learn more. A place where like minded and others could meet.

It's obvious with multiple meetings at different times, that AKLUG mid week
meetings do not make it possible for many users. Ala APULUG.

Most times I looked at the website calendar, it never had the current meeting info.
It only took a few times like this and I stopped looking at it for current info.
As Arthur is involved now, it's probably more accurate.

I still think the time is now to organize the effort some and establish some
things so to help users and the public. So it's not so *unorganized*.

IE. http://www.wdm.com/LDP/HOWTO/User-Group-HOWTO.html

Not hard or expensive. Just better.

/sb

Dee