Re: Friday Nites @ APU

Subject: Re: Friday Nites @ APU
From: Stanley Long (slong@customcpu.com)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 21:23:54 AKST

Justin Dieters wrote:

> I agree - since there the majority of the people that come are not UAA
> students, it might be easier to find a different place than UAA. I also do
> not think that UAA would be as generous with space, time, and bandwidth
> resources as APU is/was (but I may be wrong).. Perhaps we should invoke
> "Operation Find-An-APU-Student" ;)

That too is being researched.
The new rules specify that membership shall be 50% students + 1.
We had a grad student president, another grad student VP. It worked last
year, but not for the new rules.

There is provision for use of campus space by non-student groups.
There is money involved. Maybe Fielder knows what the Amateur Radio club
pays, though I think their donations exceed the pay-for-space
requirement.

APU student clubs are supposed to be allotted some operating monies, so
it is just good sense to have conditions to be met.