Re: Friday Nites @ APU

Subject: Re: Friday Nites @ APU
From: Fielder George Dowding (fgdowding@iceworm-enterprises.net)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 15:19:45 AKST

On Tue, 05 Mar 2002 09:14:19 -0900
Justin Dieters <enderak@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Are UAA clubs limited to UAA students though? - we'll have to look
> into that, since afaik, i'm the only uaa student that attends
> friday nights..

Well, I too am a student at UAA - one 1 credit class ;-)}}}

My experience with another club (now defunct I think) at UAA
suggests non-students are not unwelcome, but there must be the basic
core of students to meet the criteria for forming a club and
obtaining recognition so that the "club" can hold meetings and use
the facilities, etc.>
> I know of one professor who uses Linux, and would likely be
> willing to sponser a club. Is your son the same George that helps
> out in the CS computer lab - has kind of long hair and glasses?
> If so, we're probably thinking of the same professor. He is out
> of state this week, but he'll be back next week...

Yep!

> Justin
> www.enderakonline.com

I fully agree this will take some careful thought. I would not count
out APU just yet either. Perhaps there is a business that had the
space and pipe that is interested in promoting what the Friday night
gatherings do.

fgd