Re: Backing up MySQL

Subject: Re: Backing up MySQL
From: Joshua J.Kugler (isd@as.uaf.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 04 2002 - 13:34:20 AKST

Also make sure you do a READ LOCK on the tables before you simply zip the
files, or you might end up with files in a inconsistent state. That's why I
always do mysqldump. That way I don't have to worry about that stuff. :)

--
Joshua Kugler, Information Services Director
Associated Students of the University of Alaska Fairbanks