Re: MySQL error "Can't connect to...socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)

Subject: Re: MySQL error "Can't connect to...socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
From: Joshua J.Kugler (isd@as.uaf.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 04 2002 - 13:36:40 AKST

it's trying to connect to /tmp/mysql.sock. Your my.cnf is putting it at
/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock. So, either change your my.cnf to put it at
/tmp/mysql.sock (which is recommended, as that is the standard location), or
make a symlink from /tmp/mysql.sock to /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

HTH.

j----- k----

On Monday 04 March 2002 03:00, James McMorris wrote:
> I'm new with MySQL and I'm getting an error on my first attempt at
> using it with a php script I downloaded
> (http://www.seattleserver.com/httpfs.htm). I need to know what .sock
> files are/do and how to fix this error. I have recently installed the
> latest PHP rpm for RH 7.2 on my system as it fixes some remote
> exploits. I hope this isn't causing me the .sock problem.
<snip>

--
Joshua Kugler, Information Services Director
Associated Students of the University of Alaska Fairbanks