Problems with Red Hat v6.2

Subject: Problems with Red Hat v6.2
From: Mark Weisman (mweisman@gci.net)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 00:25:47 AKST

Anyone else having trouble with hard drive failures under Red Hat v6.2?
I've now had three hard drives go bonkers on me. Run for about six
months, then abruptly die (not able to read init files anymore). The box
is an AMD 550 with 128MB of RAM, and I've lost two Western Digitals, and
now a Quantum drive. Runs fine for months, then all of a sudden with no
errors or nothing, you can no longer read the drives. Same thing
happened to me on a Pentium 100 with 65MB of RAM, don't know about that
one, but the only thing in common is the Red Hat v6.2. Any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated before I rebuild tomorrow (2/19/02).
Thanks.

Thank you,
Mark-Nathaniel Weisman MCP, CNA, A+, MOUS MI
Network Systems Administrator
Career Academy MIS Department
Anchorage, AK