Re: e-mail server working! (partly)

Subject: Re: e-mail server working! (partly)
From: Mike Tibor (tibor@lib.uaa.alaska.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 15:38:12 AKST

On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, James F. Zuelow Jr. wrote:

> Take a look at which IP ranges/domain names you're allowing relaying for.
> This is an anti-spam relay feature, and it looks like it's set fairly
> tight - perhaps it will only relay for localhost, or is set to not relay at
> all?

Yep, that would be my guess as well. Justin, the file you need to look at
I think is /etc/mail/access. As an example, here's the contents of that
file on my BSD box:

 #
 # Mail relay access control list. Default is to reject mail unless the
 # destination is local, or listed in /etc/mail/local-host-names
 #
 cyberspammer.com 550 We don't accept mail from spammers
 FREE.STEALTH.MAILER@ 550 We don't accept mail from spammers
 another.source.of.spam REJECT
 okay.cyberspammer.com OK
 128.32 RELAY

As you can see, you can either put a line like the following in
/etc/mail/access:

 enderakonline.com RELAY

and ensure that all computers sending mail thru this server have address
records in dns, or you can list the domain in /etc/mail/local-host-names.

Mike

--
Mike Tibor         Univ. of Alaska Anchorage    (907) 786-1001 voice
Network Technician     Consortium Library         (907) 786-6050 fax