Re: e-mail server working! (partly)

Subject: Re: e-mail server working! (partly)
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 16:48:57 AKST

> As you can see, you can either put a line like the following in
> /etc/mail/access:
>
> enderakonline.com RELAY
> and ensure that all computers sending mail thru this server have address
> records in dns, or you can list the domain in /etc/mail/local-host-names.

I had 'enderakonline.com RELAY' in the access file and it didn't work. I
also tried 'enderakonline.com OK' and it still didn't work.

Then I added 'acsalaska.net' to /etc/mail/relay-domains and it sent it, but
the destination server gave me this error back:
<<< 553 5.1.3 <enderak@linux:local>... Colon illegal in host name part

So I found these lines in sendmail.cf and commented them out and restarted :
# who I masquerade as (null for no masquerading) (see also $=M)
DMlinux:local

And now all seems to be working!! I'll be playing around with it more, but
so far it seems to be good... I'm quite excited. :) Thanks to everyone
today for all your help!

Justin