Re: e-mail server working! (partly)

Subject: Re: e-mail server working! (partly)
From: James F. Zuelow Jr. (jamesz@ideafamilies.org)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 13:34:03 AKST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Justin Dieters" <enderak@yahoo.com>
To: <aklug@aklug.org>
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2002 1:15 PM
Subject: e-mail server working! (partly)

> Alright! It's working! Commenting out these lines fixed it:
>
> # "Smart" relay host (may be null)
> DSmail.enderakonline.com
> # who I send unqualified names to (null means deliver locally)
> DRmail.enderakonline.com
> # who gets all local email traffic ($R has precedence for unqualified
names)
> DHmail.enderakonline.com
>
> and the Cw and Fw section now is as follows:
> Cw localhost
> Cw enderakonline.com
> # file containing names of hosts for which we receive email
> # Fw-o /etc/mail/sendmail.cw %[^\#]
>

> So now recieving mail works, but sending mail still does not work.. here's
> the error message Outlook gives me:
>
> When using mail.enderakonline.com:
> The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected
by
> the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'justind@rpka.net'. Subject
'Re:
> test', Account: 'mail.enderakonline.com', Server:
'mail.enderakonline.com',
> Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 <justind@rpka.net>... Relaying
> denied', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number:
> 0x800CCC79

Take a look at which IP ranges/domain names you're allowing relaying for.
This is an anti-spam relay feature, and it looks like it's set fairly
tight - perhaps it will only relay for localhost, or is set to not relay at
all?

(You're using a yahoo.com e-mail address to talk to the list - are you
sitting in front of the mail.enderakonline.com box right now, or are you
somewhere else doing this remotely?)

Cheers,

James