Re: SuSE and dsl

Subject: Re: SuSE and dsl
From: Jim Courtney (courtney@ieee.org)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 09:31:32 AKST

> That's the first time I've heard of that. I would be a little leary of
> putting the modem on a hub, though, since what's to stop any other user
> from trying to run PPPoe on their box as well? Have to wonder what kind of
> conflicts that would cause.

I can't speak for the Nortel modems, for nothing would stop them with a
Paradyne modem. You can set up as many pppoe connections as you want with any
number of machines, and it works great. I'm new enough to networking that I
still think this is cool...

I wouldn't recommend the one-port firewall/nat box if you have room for a
second $20 NIC - but it's an interesting concept anyway.