Re: SuSE and dsl

Subject: Re: SuSE and dsl
From: Jim Courtney (courtney@ieee.org)
Date: Thu Feb 14 2002 - 14:44:13 AKST

You just plug all your machines, and your modem, into a hub/switch. The modem
has a MAC address just like the NIC cards on the LAN do. Try it out - you can
make a firewall/NAT box with a single NIC and a hub - at least it works with
MTA's Paradyne modems. I don't know why the Nortel modems wouldn't work too.