Re: WINE, vmware, win4lin

Subject: Re: WINE, vmware, win4lin
From: Greg Jetter (greg@lazymountain.com)
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 19:24:38 AKST

On Thursday 31 January 2002 05:05 pm, you wrote:
> Does anyone have experience with any of these Windows emulators? How do
> they compare wrt reliability, speed? Any recommendations?

I've used Win4lin and Wine,

Wine could play solitare and that's about it.

Win4lin is just that windows for linux , it ran every thing I wanted ,
except games , and the version I used did not support sound.
but it gave me rock solid preformance with , quick books , explorer , and
office programs. Win4lin 2 and three support sound and some active X stuff
has been done I think. I have not kept up with them in a wile.

very usefull product.

VM ware is expensive and wort the money but , im to cheep to use it. ;>

Greg