Re: WINE, vmware, win4lin

Subject: Re: WINE, vmware, win4lin
From: Joshua J.Kugler (isd@as.uaf.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 21:07:02 AKST

I use Win4Lin here at work. Mostly to do development for Windows machines.
:) It is very stable, and almost as fast (if not as fast) as native windows.
 And when you run it full screen, you can even make you coworkers think
you're still running windows. Even all the keys work: windows key,
ctrl-alt-del, etc. And when it hangs (yes, it hangs from time to time, it is
windows after all) you can still use ctrl-alt-backspace to kill it, and
restart. :)

If you want any more details, let me know.

--
Joshua Kugler, Information Services Director
Associated Students of the University of Alaska Fairbanks