Re: local stores

Subject: Re: local stores
From: Herr Nagengast (todd@gnosh.net)
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 08:03:00 AKST

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, Buddha wrote:

> If we could get a Best Buy and Circuit City we would be all set. Word on
> the street is we're getting one of those two in the Alaska Marketplace (old
> Safeway location) right near the Dimond Mall...and acroos the street from
> CompUSA :) Hopefully competition causes prices drop at both locations.

Don't bet on it. My experience with those stores and Fry's, too
is that what they offer is simply instant gratification. Prices
may be low for a little while, but as soon as one drives the other
out of business, the price of that instant gratification goes up.

> BTW: If you haven't heard yet, they're buildiong a Chili's on Abbott Loop
> Road, about a mile east of the Dimond Mall. Shell of the building is
> already up. ....I want my babyback babyback babyback....

Try Eric's (formerly Chilly's until the Chili's people got all bent
out of shape a few years ago) on Klatt and Old Seward. Good
food, decent prices and an awesome Sunday brunch. Owned by
some local folks, too.

Be thankful for what Anchorage is and work to keep it that way.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled Free^H^H^H^H linux discussion.

Todd

---
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - B. Franklin, 1759