Re: red hat

Subject: Re: red hat
From: Greg Jetter (greg@lazymountain.com)
Date: Wed Jan 02 2002 - 09:35:19 AKST

On Monday 31 December 2001 10:29 pm, FeLoNiouS_MoNK wrote:
> ok .. maybe its this fourty im drinkin talkin but.. ive decided to warn
> everyone on this lug to NOT upgrade to R.H. 7.2 .. i have had nothing
> but problems ever since ive upgraded.. i was warned but didnt listen ...
> once again im thinkin its he 4 0 talkin but im thinkin about changin
> over to fBSD ... can anyone give me a reason not to? just outta
> curiosity .. let me know.. may be its just red hate that gave me a nasty
> taste in my mouth about linux... ive use all the BSD from open to net
> .... but only have used one ver of linux... so .. am i just sterotypin
> linux from one bad flavor?..
>
> ---------------My Other Computer is YOUR win Box----------------------
> FeLoNiouS_DRuNK aka CodeRED
Yes I've had problems upgrading RedHat systems , seems they(redhat) likes
to change things like the file tree , configuration files that sort of
things with out telling any one or giving the user the option to keep what
they have. This has broken things every time I upgraded .

Now if your a BSD fan but want linux why not try Slackware ? since the
beginning Slack has been a true linux distrbution. Most folks shy away from
it because it dose not try to be windows like . And you got to read more
howtows and man pages to get things tweeked. At least in the past distbutions.

Good luck and pop open another 40 befor you start working , it always helps
me to understand the doc's....

Greg