Re: OT: HTML help

Subject: Re: OT: HTML help
From: The Alaskan Bear (akbear@akbearsden.com)
Date: Sat Dec 29 2001 - 20:58:36 AKST

My whole question is this. Since when did there become a Standard for
someone to create a web site? That almost sounds like someone decided
to create a standard just so they could make money. I mean, if I create
a website, and it works, who is to tell me that it isn't good enough and
that I have to do it differently just to satisfy them? Sorry about my
rant and rave there, I just don't see how there can be something out there
to say what a standard is and isn't. That is almost like someone creating
some script or code, and someone else saying that they can't release it
because it doesn't meet their standards.

Ok, I will step down off of my soapbox now that I have released some steam.

Happy New Years everyone.

--
Ted Montgomery
The Alaskan Bear's Den

-- There are some things lots of money can buy ... -- -- For everything else, there is LINUX ... --

On Sat, Dec 29, 2001 at 05:35:44PM -0900, augustus@acerbic.org wrote: > > On Sat, 29 Dec 2001, Scott Johnson wrote: > > > Does anyone know of a HTML composer (pref a WYSIWYG) that produces > > verifiable HTML 4.01 Transitional (http://validator.w3.org/) code? > > I don't even know of any websites that pass through the validator without > a stream of errors and/or gripes. Just for fun I ran a few through it (all > failed) > www.aklug.org > theregister.co.uk > slashdot.org > acerbic.org (me) > www.microsoft.com > www.linux.org > <SNIP> > -Josh > >