Re: Wine Help Please :)

Subject: Re: Wine Help Please :)
From: Coolidge, Darren (dcoolidge@akanmc.alaska.ihs.gov)
Date: Wed Dec 05 2001 - 10:25:43 AKST

Thanks
I had to run make distclean in the source directory of wine.
After that ./configure and the make that ./configure tells you
to run at the end. It turns out I did find and install xpm-
devel. Now I can't figure out why it locks X when I try to
run Starcraft.exe :( I have to use ctl-alt-backspace to
restart X. Anyone know why?

<old message>
From: Jim Gribbin <jgribbin@alaska.net>
Date: 04 Dec 2001 09:14:52 -0900

Guessing that you're using redhat, it's on the distro. It should be in
the 6.2 & 6.1 sections of AKLUG's redhat mirror too. They don't seem to
use it on newer distros.

Jim

On Mon, 2001-12-03 at 15:01, Coolidge, Darren wrote:

> I need help compilling wine. I tried the RPMs that come out for wine but
> have had no success in running them. I don't want a previous version of
> windows installed.
>
> when I run ./configure in the wine source dir it says I need xpm-devel
> library. Try as I might, I can't find the xpm-devel library.
>
> when I run wine --winver win95 install.exe I get xpm and xpm-devel
libraries
> needed.
>
> Any pointers on running wine would be helpful ;)
>
> P.S. Trying to install starcraft and there is alot of literature out there
> on the subject but I can't get wine installed with the xpm stuff :(

</old message>