Re: Abit KT7A-RAID/HPT370/2.4.14 questions...

Subject: Re: Abit KT7A-RAID/HPT370/2.4.14 questions...
From: Joshua J. Kugler (isd@as.uaf.edu)
Date: Sun Nov 25 2001 - 23:26:51 AKST

Correct me if I'm wrong on the technical details, but...won't the built-in
highpoint controllers also function as standard IDE controllers, so you can
have four IDE channels? If so, why not just use them as such, and then use
Linux RAID, which by all accounts I've heard, is actually better than the
software RAID controllers (highpoint, promise, etc.)?

--
Joshua Kugler, Information Services Director
Associated Students of the University of Alaska Fairbanks