RE: Abit KT7A-RAID/HPT370/2.4.14 questions...

Subject: RE: Abit KT7A-RAID/HPT370/2.4.14 questions...
lee@afabco.com
Date: Sun Nov 25 2001 - 23:07:20 AKST

well, fwiw, I have had no luck cept bad with highpoint controllers and
they're not highly thought of on the net, so I avoid them like the plague.
I also tend to stay away from Abit boards (tho I understand talking mobos is
like talking religion...<g>). The 'conflicting reports' is soooo familiar
with abit/highpoint combos. And consistently conflicting reports is
generally a Bad Sign on anything technical.

That being said, I have a BP-6 that I finally just stuck a promise ata-100
card into after 6 months of fighting with it. If I'd done that to begin
with (like many on the net said) I'd have saved myself a -lot- of headaches.

And that's the hint/tip I offer, blow off the highpoint and just go buy a
promise card and use it.

Now that I've expressed my opinion of Abit boards, I have this BP-6 I'm
thinking of selling <g>.

Lee