Re: Clock problems...

Subject: Re: Clock problems...
From: The Alaskan Bear (akbear@akbearsden.com)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 17:03:47 AKST

Well, one thing that I have done with my system is I added a crontab in as root
with the following lines.

*/30 * * * * /usr/sbin/ntpdate ntp.alaska.edu 2> /dev/null 1> /dev/null
*/35 * * * * /sbin/hwclock --localtime --systohc 2> /dev/null 1> /dev/null

What this does is it automatically connects to ntp.alaska.edu and updates my
system time so I don't have to worry about ever setting my clock again.

Ted Montgomery
The Alaskan Bear's Den
(907) 242-9824