Clock problems...

Subject: Clock problems...
From: Greg Hoch (greg@alaskaministries.net)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 15:50:56 AKST

I am having a problem with the system clock and possibly the power
saving settings. The pc will randomly go to a blank screen for a moment
almost like a sleep mode and when it comes back the clock will be 9
hours behind. The nine hours probably has something to do with the
Alaska time zone being -9 but I don't think this is a hardware problem
as it is a dual boot machine and this problem has never happened in
Windows. I am running Linux-Mandrake 8.0 and using the KDE for a
desktop enviroment. The hardware is a generic 400 mhz Celeron with
150MB RAM. I have checked the power saver settings from the KDE Control
panel and don't see where it is set to sleep or anything like that. Is
there anyplace else that I should be looking ? Or does anyone have any
other suggestions ?

Thanks,
Greg Hoch