[aklug] New machine or Virtual Machine

From: Mike <alaskabarsalou@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Jul 28 2016 - 10:59:26 AKDT

I'm about to start a project to use mininet and several VM's.

The question that came to my mind was, does it make more sense for me
to purchase a laptop capable of handling the
needed setup or does it make sense to "rent" a box online and use that.

A quick search provides me with about a cost of $1300 or so for a
reasonable computer.

I think the project will only take about 3 months.

Are these just crazy thoughts or am I headed in the right direction?

Is anyone else out there doing something similar?

Looking forward to what comes next.... :)