[aklug] Hybrid SSD failure...?

From: Christopher Howard <christopher@alaskasi.com>
Date: Wed Jul 27 2016 - 11:04:06 AKDT

Anyone on these lists have a lot of experience with the Hybrid SSD
drives? I was going to grab one for my boss, because it seemed like a
good price/performance compromise. However, the first suppliers I called
said they don't carry them because of high failure rates — apparently
the SSD portion of the drive commonly fails within 6 months, leaving the
drive running at very slow speeds.

That makes me very nervous about Hybrid SSD, especially as my boss tends
to thrash his hard drives pretty bad. Does anyone have a similar or
different story to tell?

--
Christopher Howard, Computer Assistant
Alaska Satellite Internet