[aklug] What to do when missing a bezel key? (HP Proliant)

From: Christopher Howard <christopher.howard.asi@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Nov 19 2015 - 14:03:31 AKST

Hi, I went to go air-dust a server (HP Proliant ML110G7) - which
obviously hasn't been air-dusted in 2 or 3 years - and discovered to my
very great annoyance that the bezel (front-cover) lock is locked and
nobody has any idea where the key is. So I'm trying to figure out what
to do. I just want to be able to open up the side of the case for
cleaning and maintenance.

Any veteran sysadmins out there who have run into this problem before?
My boss said I could destroy the lock, but I don't know what is involved
in that. (Can I just drill down the center of the lock...?) Do these
bezels all use the same key, or are they uniquely made for each system?
One can buy the whole bezel online (with a key) but they are around $100
or more apparently.

--
Christopher Howard, Computer Assistant
Alaska Satellite Internet