[aklug] Re: What to do when missing a bezel key? (HP Proliant)

From: JP <jp@jptechnical.com>
Date: Thu Nov 19 2015 - 19:25:25 AKST

If it is a barrel/tubular type lock, you might be able to pop it with a bic
pen. The same kind of lock that was on all the removable PATA drive cages
back in the day... super easy to pick. Google it.

If it is the blade type key, you may be able to simply use a stout
screwdriver and break the internals. This is a common type of lock, and
they are pretty soft metal in the internals. I have had to break a few Dell
locks.

your mileage may vary, if possible don't break it while it is running, no
sense in transferring all the shock of a lock breaking (or knuckle
breaking) to the platters ;-) Tell us how you make out.

     ___ _______
    | | |
    | | _ |
    | | |_| |