[aklug] Re: Anyone have a spare mechanical/IBM keyboard?

From: JP <jp@jptechnical.com>
Date: Thu Aug 27 2015 - 15:48:00 AKDT

I got a Das Keyboard in 2000 when they first came out... no key cap
indicators and all. I used it till it went soft on me :-(. A year or so ago
I wrote the company a haiku about how my keyboard lost it's click, and they
gave me a discount on the ultimate so it was the same price as what I paid
in 2000, which was pretty awesome. I also have some other mechanical
keyboards, pretty much all cherry mx blues cuz I love me some clicky. I
don't like the ISO keyboard standard though, that gigantic enter key is no
good. I do like Tenkey-less (TKL) keyboards and occasionally a poker style
or another 60%. But they need to retain the same key size and width at
least on the home row or I can't type worth a lick.

I have a lolita spyder with the kaihl switches, overall good but I have 2
squeaky/sticky switches, and it is definitely not in the key cap but the
switch. :-(

     ___ _______
    | | |
    | | _ |