[aklug] Re: Anyone have a spare mechanical/IBM keyboard?

From: Jeremy Austin <jhaustin@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Aug 25 2015 - 10:24:42 AKDT

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 10:14 AM, Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com> wrote:

> I always use 'mini' style keyboards with a freestanding
> numeric keypad on the left.....

I used mini keyboards for quite a while, but eventually the low travel got
to me. I switched to das keyboard
http://www.daskeyboard.com/model-s-ultimate/ and haven't looked back. They
make a no-keypad version, but not a leftie numpad.

Definitely throws visitors when they see the blank keycaps. It's what I
could find on eBay, not intended to show off my mad skilz. Haven't had a
twinge in my wrists since switching.

Somewhere I have an ADB Apple Extended Keyboard II and USB adapter. Those
were sweet switches.

jermudgeon