[aklug] Re: OLD MACHINES & linux

From: Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com>
Date: Thu Feb 05 2015 - 07:27:29 AKST

* Greg Schmitz <greg@amipa.org> [150205 07:11]:

> At home, all of the machines I am using are at least 10 years old. Using
> old machines saves me lots of money (thousands of dollars actually) and
> Linux is a big help because unlike MS or Apple products I'm not excluded
> because of software/hardware interactions (for the most part).
  I've got four netbooks here. Two Asus EEEpc 900s an hp and an
  acer. They are all about 5 years old. I put 2 G Ram on each with
  xubuntu and fluxbox.

  I intend to put the ubuntu mimimal install in one of the asus and
  I expect even better perfomance.
  http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/minimal
  Will let you all know how that goes.

--